Chipotle Pork Chops


It has almost been a year people... I realize this. I can't even apologize anymore or promise to change haha! But there are some more recipes that I would love to share with you! 

To begin a background story with this recipe, I'd like to share that I was convinced for the longest time that I do not like pork chops. They are dry, bland, and yucky. Or at least that is what I thought. My husband pulled one of those "you haven't had the right pork chops then" card. You know when you say you don't like something you've tried before and someone says "well... You just haven't had MY (whatever the food is)." I immediately thought, nooooo, I don't really like them. Well I went out on a limb and guess what.... I loved it! We essentially got pork chop "steaks" and they were flavorful and juicy! Let's not forget to mention the divine smell of the marinade and chops cooking! Lawd have mercy!


We went to the experts at Food Network Magazine for this gem!


Ingredients

2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeds removed, plus 2 tablespoons sauce from the can
4 cloves garlic
4 bay leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Kosher salt
1 large onion, halved and sliced
1 cup canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
6 bone-in pork blade chops (
1/2 to 3/4 inch thick; about 3 1/2 pounds total)

Directions

1.) Combine the chiles and adobo sauce, garlic, bay leaves, cumin, thyme, cinnamon and 5 teaspoons salt in a food processor and pulse to make a paste.  I hate getting my massive food processor out and getting it messy for marinades, but sometimes it's necessary. I have a mini food processor and luckily it all fits! Woohoo! For those of you who have a large one, I'm sorry.
2.) Transfer to a shallow dish and add the onion, tomatoes, cilantro and 1/3 cup olive oil; mix well. 
3.) Add the pork chops, turning to coat; cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.

4.) Preheat a grill to medium. 
5.) Meanwhile, remove the pork chops from the marinade, scraping off the excess, and transfer to a plate. 
6.) Transfer the marinade to a skillet; add 1/4 cup water and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the liquid simmers and the onions start sizzling, about 10 minutes. We have a burner on the side of our grill, so we can do this outside while grilling. You can also use a cast iron skillet and place directly on grill! But if you don't, you can do this inside and bring it outside when you are done!
7.) Remove from the heat and set aside for basting.
8.) Brush the chops with olive oil and transfer to the grill. Cook until marked, 7 to 8 minutes, rotating the pork 45 degrees halfway through to create a crosshatch pattern and brushing with the liquid from the marinade. 
9.) Flip and repeat, brushing with more marinade, including some pieces of onion and tomato. Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes.
10.) Serve and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts