Chicken Nuggets



Okay y'all, I got desperate.  My picky eater will not eat any other chicken nuggets unless from they come from the holy grail itself, Chickfila.  So I jumped on pinterest thinking that I couldn't be the only mom with this problem.  I found some recipes for some home made chicken nuggets and I come across a common ingredient: Powdered SUGAR.  I beg your pardon Chickfila!  No wonder all the kids are addicted!  I could not believe my eyes!  So I picked a recipe that sounded the best.  Madison was involved in the entire process and was able to taste the first few.   She approves. If I can get that picky girl to approve, then you all know it must be right!

Copy Cat Chickfila Nuggets
(from Stockpilingmoms.com)

Ingredients:
1 large egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 lb. skinless and boneless chicken breasts
  • 1¼ cup flour
  • 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • ½ tsp chili powder
  • peanut or canola oil for frying

  • Instructions:
    1. In a large bowl whisk milk and egg together.
    2. Place chicken on cutting board and cut into cubed bite size pieces; trim any fat that you may see.
    3. Place the chicken in the milk mixture and toss so that all is coated and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to soak.
    4. In another large bowl combine the dry ingredients listed above and stir
    5. In cast iron skillet or sauce pan (dutch oven) pour in oil so that its at least an inch deep on med/high heat.
    6. Remove the chicken from refrigerator and place about 8 pieces from the milk mixture into the flour mixture.
    7. Make sure all the chicken is coated with the flour and then place into the hot oil.
    8. Cook each side for at least 2-3 minutes or until golden brown (You want to make sure that chicken is no longer pink so you can cut one piece to test it out).
    9. Place the chicken on some paper towels to soak up any oil.
    10. Repeat the same steps with the rest of the chicken and serve.

    Comments

    Popular Posts