Lactation Cookies



Lactation Cookies!

This was one of those posts where I found a recipe that was actually good and when I went back to look it up, I couldn't find the recipe again!  I'm glad I finally did and made these for both my kids.  My favorite thing was to make a double batch or put different ingredients in them such as M&Ms instead of chocolate chips and then roll them into balls to freeze.  To do this, make the cookies up until you are ready to bake.  Then roll them into balls and put them on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Place the baking sheet in the freezer until the dough is hard.  Then toss the dough balls into a freezer bag (or the fancy folks, food saver vac bag) and put them in the freezer.  This way you can bake only when you need them.

These cookies are taste tested for ordinary people as well, not just the breastfeeding mom!  My husband ate them too and had zero side effects!  Flaxseed meal can be found at any health food stores or major grocery.  My favorite was Bob's Red Mill brand.  The Brewers Yeast I found at The Vitaminshoppe and these cookies do a wonderful job hiding the taste.  We couldn't tell it was in there so I was able to be very generous with the amount I put in.

I hope this helps the mamas out there!

Lactation Cookies
from: Justmommies.com


3 Cups Steel Cut/Old Fashioned Oatmeal

2 Cups all purpose flour

1.5 Cups brown sugar

1 cup chocolate chips

1 cup butter

4 tablespoons of water

2-4 tablespoons of brewers yeast (be generous)

2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp baking soda

2 eggs

1.  Preheat oven 350 degrees
2.  Mix together the 2 tablesppons of flaxseed with water and set aside 3-5 mins
3. Cream (Beat well) butter and brown sugar.  Add eggs one at a time.
4.  Stir in the flaxseed mixture and add vanilla to the butter mix. Beat until blended.
5. Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips
6.  Add to butter mixture. Stir in oats and then chips
7.  Scoop or drop onto baking sheet. Bake 8-12 minutes depending on size of cookies.

Comments

Popular Posts