Cheesy Chicken Croissants


This is a family FAVORITE.  I can't remember the first time my mother cooked this dish, but it has always been one of my absolute favorites.  Here are a few tid-bits about this dish.  First, the recipe calls for canned cooked chicken, like the Tyson or Swanson's kind.  Yes, it smells like cat food (as my husband puts it), but we have tried cooking real cubed chicken and seasoning it as well, but it ends up tasting the same.  So, there is no real point in the extra time to cook your own chicken.  Now, by all means, if you'd rather cooking your own chicken, please do so.  The second thing, this is basically cheese and chicken, so you can add your own seasonings/ingredients to taste.  This time, I added some pepper, salt, and onions.  I also doubled the recipe in this title picture because I usually eat 3 or 4 in a sitting.  Just the basics recipe is always a win for me, so here it is!  Enjoy!
 

Cheesy Chicken Croissant
Ingredients:
1 ¾ cup canned cooked chicken
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can crescent dinner rolls
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
Directions:
1.    Heat oven to 375 degrees
2.    Mix chicken with 2 tablespoons of cheese and place in wide end of separated rolls and roll up.
 
3.    In sauce pan, mix soup, milk and ¼ cup cheese.  Heat until cheese melts.
4.    Pour ½ soup mixture in 8” or 9” baking dish.  Arrange filled rolls over soup.
5.    Bake 20-25 minutes.  Sprinkle with rest of cheese and return to oven for 5-10 minutes.
6.    Serve with remaining sauce.
 


Comments

Popular Posts