Cinnamon Drops

Guilty Pleasure ALERT!!!  These amazing morsels were created/shared by my Aunt Karen.  For my wedding shower up north in Ohio, everyone who attended shared a recipe that was a favorite or what they thought would be perfect for a newly wed couple.  My Aunt Karen gave us this recipe and it has been a family favorite ever since.  Aaron and I ususally make them for a breakfast food, but they could easily be a dessert!
Before I get to the recipe, I'm going to share another part of this creation with you.   The recipe calls for vanilla frosting, but I love glazed icing.  Ever since I could remember, my dad and I always made cinnamon rolls together.  When I was younger, I just took icing for granted, but then wondered how my dad made his own glaze icing.  I'm telling you guys, it is the easiest thing in the world, and now always use it as a glaze icing. 
Simply take powdered (confectioners) sugar and whisk in a very small amount of milk.
Yes, that's it.  The trick is to get the sugar/milk proportion right because too much milk will make your icing runny and you will end up having to add more sugar.  For one cup of powdered sugar, I add maybe a tablespoon of milk.  Super easy and cheap right?!
 
 
Cinnamon Drops!
Ingredients:
½ Cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
2 Cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits
¼ Cup margarine/butter
2 Tablespoons creamy vanilla frosting
Directions:
1.    Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2.    Spray 9 x 13in pan or two round cake pans with nonstick-spray
3.    Mix sugar and cinnamon together in bowl
4.    Cut each biscuit into quarters.
5.    Coat pieces of biscuit with sugar/cinnamon mixture and place in pan.
6.    Cut margarine/butter into pieces and place on top of biscuit pieces.  Also, top with any left over cinnamon/sugar mix.
7.    Bake for 15 minutes
8.    Melt icing and drizzle over baked cinnamon drops!


Comments

Popular Posts