Amore Sign

 
I'm going to warn you guys... the next few posts are MrsGossCooks Pinterest/craft projects.  This project is something that my Mom had an idea to do when my family came down to NC for Christmas this past year.  My family came to visit for Christmas and to help Aaron and I move into our new house.  Due to some unforeseen issues, we didn't actually get to move during that week, but my Mom and I did get some good shopping done, and she was able to share some ideas about decorating the house.  As you see in the picture we have a good space on top of our cabinets.  At my Mom's house, she has candles, lights, and decorative garland/grape vine on top of her cabinets.  It looks so good and I knew I wanted something like that for mine.  Mom said she found on Pinterest where you can take letters and add scrapbook paper to make words. 
So months later, I finally got around to actually doing it!  I found these letters at A.C. Moore.  They are super thin, so I also bought a base to glue them to, so they stand up.
Side note about A.C. Moore, they have giant grasshoppers hiding everywhere.  I was looking at glass and corked bottles for some seashells I brought back from the cruise, and I was about to reach my hand on the top shelf!  Thankfully stopped, because I would have screamed and died.
EEEEEEEEKK!!!!
 
 
Project Ingredients:
Wooden letters
Scrapbook papers
Sanding block
Modge Podge
Sponge paint brush
Glue Stick
Hot Glue Gun
 
1. First, I used a glue stick to glue the letters to the backs of the different scrap book papers.  I put books on them to make sure they stay flat.
 
2. After they dried,  I took some scissors and cut as close as I could around the letters.
3. I then took a sanding block and sanded the edges of the letters to make smooth edges all around the letters and wood.
4. I then took modge podge and a sponge paint brush to brush it on the letters to seal and fuse the paper to the letters.
5. Lastly, I used a hot glue gun to glue the letters to the base pieces of wood, so they would stand!
 
 
This was an easy project that only took an afternoon to do!  Now I just need to find some more pieces to add to my above cabinet decoration!


Comments

Popular Posts