Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta



Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
This tasty dish was another suggestion from facebook and a total hit! One big part of this dish is making a kind of alfredo type sauce. I have this irrational fear of making an alfredo sauce and I have zero idea why.  Now that I've finally attempted it, I still have zero idea why I was so afraid.  It was simple!  This recipe also gave me a reason to cook fresh bacon.  I mean, do I need any other reason to try this recipe?! I think not!

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta

Ingredients:
1 Pound penne pasta
6-8 Strips of bacon
3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
1 Packet of ranch dressing/seasoning mix
2 Cups of milk
1 Tablespoon butter
2 Boneless chicken breasts diced
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt
Pepper

1. Cook pasta al dente and set aside.

2. Cook bacon  in skillet until all done but not crisp. I cooked the bacon the way I always cook bacon, in the oven (400 degrees about 20 minutes or until done).  I then just pour 2 tablespoons of grease from the pan onto the skillet.

3. Remove bacon and set on paper towel. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of dripping from pan.
Look at this yumminess!

4. Add butter, chicken, ranch seasoning mix and salt/pepper to taste.

5. Once chicken is browned, add the milk and flour, then stir
.
6. Reduce heat to low-medium until creamy sauce is bubbly and thick.

7. Add cheese, bacon, and pasta.  Stir until mixed thoroughly and melted.

Comments

Popular Posts