Banana Bread


Another fall recipe favorite!  I decided today that I was going to live in the kitchen.  I turned on my tv and what do you know, a live Norah Jones concert was airing.  It was a match made in heaven!  I have a few artists I like listening to whilst cooking:  Norah Jones, Joshua Radin, Early Winters, Coreatown, and Snow Patrol.  I'm not entirely sure why, but I really enjoy hearing the melodies to these songs (and let's face it, singing and dancing to them too!)  So with this great luck, I decided to tackle banana bread!
My Sous chef... okay, so he may have been in it for the smashed bananas!

 
Banana Bread 
Ingredients:
1 ¾ cup flour
1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup mashed bananas
1/3 cup shortening
 
1.    Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
2.    In mixing bowl, beat sugar and shortening with mixer until light, scraping sides of the bowl.
Go big or go home :)
3.    Add eggs, one at a time and then milk, beating until smooth after each addition.
4.    Add flour mixture and banana alternately to creamed mixture beating smooth after each addition
Should be slightly fluffy
5.    Turn batter into lightly greased 8 x 4 x 2 loaf pan
I have a stick of butter dedicated to "greasing things"  It turns whatever you are cooking golden brown at the edges
6.    Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove.
 
Isn't she beautiful?!
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts