No Bake Cookies


These are a favorite from my childhood :)
The only issue I have about these, is that there are many ways to screw them up, and I've done 'em all.  They can turn out chewy, not adhere to each other, be too dry, etc.  I literally stress out each time I make these and hope I don't mess them up!  The good thing is, it doesn't take long to cook, it doesn't dirty too many dishes, and ingredients are fairly inexpensive, so you can always try again!  The thing I've figured out may be the root/source to my goof ups is that boiling time.  I find that if you time it for one minute from the moment you see a bubble to then taking it off the heat, your chances of screwing up exponentially decrease.  That is the "fun" of cooking, you get to investigate what happens during the actual cooking to figure out what went wrong.  A chocolatey crime scene if you will!
 

No Bake Cookies
Ingredients:
¼ pound butter (1 stick)
½ cup milk
2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups quick oats
1.    Combine butter, milk, sugar, and cocoa powder in 2 quart saucepan and bring to boil.  Boil one minute and remove from heat.
2.    Add peanut butter, vanilla, and quick oats.  Stir well.
3.    Drop by spoon on wax paper.
4.    Refrigerate.


Comments

Popular Posts