Buckeyes

Around Christmas time, these are one of my favorite desserts that my mom would make for family gatherings and for us kids.  I will warn you, they are very rich, but so delicious!
Buckeyes
Ingredients:
½ cup butter or margarine
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
8 oz semi sweet Baker’s chocolate
 
Directions:
1.    Melt butter.
2.    Mix all ingredients except chocolate in mixer.
3.    Roll into 1 inch (or smaller) balls.  After all balls are made, refrigerate for about 30 minutes
4.    Melt chocolate in double boiler. 
You can create a double boiler by sticking something metal under the glass or ceramic bowl to hold it up.  I used a metal ramakin to hold it up.
5.    Using a toothpick, dip balls into chocolate and place on wax paper.
6.    After all chocolate balls are dipped in chocolate, refrigerate for 1 hour.
After refrigeration, you can take a spoon and cover up those toothpick holes
I just realized my dog totally photo-bombed my picture.
Congratulations Cohen.


Comments

Popular Posts