Coffee Cake


One thing I've learned since living in the south, is that some families enjoy coffee after dinner.  The first time I experienced it was when we went to Louisiana and visited with our friends Jason and Jenny Cohen.  It is a cool cultural thing I learned and also made this cake really make sense!  This is the same thing as tea and crumpets!  Coffee cake is the crumpet as coffee is the tea!  Okay, thank you for not judging my blonde moment.  This recipe is something I consider a "whip up" recipe.  It is very simple and I always have ingredients for, so I can "whip it up" in no time!  And it is delightful to have with coffee :)
 

Coffee Cake
Streusel Topping:
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
Cake:
1 ¾ cup baking mix (Bisquick)
¾ cup milk
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter (melted)
1 egg
1.    Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2.    Stir cake ingredients until blended
3.    Spread batter into 9” greased pan and sprinkle with blended streusel topping.
4.    Bake for 18-23 minutes.
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts