Chili

 
 
I will warn you, this is not for the bland eaters!  This is chili has a little (okay, a good amount) of heat!  This recipe originated from the Top Secret Recipe website.  I've made this recipe a couple of times, but this most recent time I realized that I had altered the recipe (in a good way).  I was shopping for ingredients and one of the original ingredients is green chilis.  Well at the grocery store, I just assumed that meant jalapeno peppers.  Whoops!  I mean, they are green right?!  I also added some cayenne pepper powder.  It is the perfect recipe for a cold Fall or Winter night!
 
 
Chili
(via Top Secret Recipes)
Ingredients:
2 pounds ground beef
One 29 ounce can tomato sauce
One 29 ounce can kidney beans (with liquid)
One 29 ounce can pinto beans (with liquid)
1 cup diced onion
½ cup diced jalapeno pepper
¼ cup diced celery
3 medium tomatoes (chopped)
2 teaspoons cumin powder
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper.
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups water
Instructions:
1.      Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the fat.
2.      Using a fork, crumble the cooked beef into pea sized pieces.
3.      In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat.  Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2-3 hours.
Fresh ingredients are always so yummy!
Finished product!
 


Comments

Popular Posts